Followers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Get Involved....Cards for Heroes, EVERYONE can help!

Cards for Heros (CFH) is a wonderful non-profit organiztion that supports our nations armed forces by sending blank greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage our soldiers. CHF can use birthday cards (adult and children), Thinking of You cards, and Miss You cards. There is a list at the CFH site of cut off dates if you'd like to send special hoilday cards for the soldiers.

To get involved, click on this link. You will find instructions to mail cards to CFH (click on "mailroom", then "ship to CFH" for addresses and further information). You can write to a soldier if you'd like (click on "heroes", "write to any hero" for more information). Just hearing from someone in the states is a great encouragement to soliders. There are even some ideas of what to write on the CFH website if you need help with that.

Now for the fun of the Blog Hop....anytime after noon Saturday (PST) you can hop over to Cards For Heroes. There will be a clear link to the first blog, and each one will link you to the next. There are over 100 bloggers participating and you'll want to see all the creations. Feel free to leave comments on the blogs - a lot of donated prizes are being given away so don't miss out.

Thanks for visiting my blog....now head on over to see what MANDY has on her blog.

84 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all your cards!! The bird in uniform is too cute!

HoweverAlthough said...

Wow! Beautiful cards! I love them all.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!! TFS!! ;)

Karen said...

Your cards are beautiful. Thanks for your participation.

Karen said...

Fabulous card!! TFS!! Thanks for celebrating our troops! {{cheers}}

Candace said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Your cards are amazine!! Very talented!!! I love them ALL.

Heidi E. said...

Love all the cards.. Great Job.. Have a Safe and Happy Memorial Weekend ♥

Nancy L. said...

your card is lovely!

JPScraps said...

So many cards...Love them all!!

Dawn said...

Great card! very pretty blog!

Sue McGettigan said...

Great looking cards! Happy Memorial Day to you :)

kasmello said...

Not sure where you want comments, but want you to know i love the cursor! Great cards!

Sandy said...

I love this patriotic card....and the "be your self" card just made me smile HUGE!! Thank you so much for joining in!!

Kelli Waters said...

I love your cards and have enjoyed your blog!

Loni said...

Terrific cards. Thanks for supporting Cards for Heroes.

Lauren said...

Great card and I like how you made the flag show up with the mouse - nice touch.

TLHarwick said...

fabulous card! Thank you for all your time and creativity in support of CFH! As the spouse of a deployed solider I am sure these cards will be appreciated!

{VICKI} said...

enjoying the hop

Lisa Renéa said...

Wow! Great cards! Each one lovely!
Thank you for supporting CFH!

Fabre said...

WOW! Someone has been a busy lady today - your cards are beautiful - so many heroes and their families will be blessed! Thanks so much for joining our blog hop, and for your support of CFH!

Jennifer said...

Cute card! Have a great Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

Love the cards on your blog. My fav design are those patchwork squares. Nice!

This is so much fun! So happy to be doing the blog hop for such a good cause with such a great, generous group of talented peeps! *smile*

Suz said...

I love the design of this card & the fun flag cursor really sets a festive tone.

Unknown said...

Great cards! TFS!

Lynn said...

I love your cards. Thanks so much for supporting this event. I am the proud Mother of a US soldier!
Thank you for supporting our troops.

Heather said...

You make me smile too!!! Thank you for sharing all of your cards-- I especially loved the army birds you posted!!! Very sweet!

Lisa - papergrace said...

Love all your cards! They're all so wonderful.

Erika said...

As a military wife, please let me say thank you for what you are doing. It's so good to know that there are others thinking of our loved one's when they're in harms way. What a wonderful way of showing your appreciation!

Anonymous said...

OOOH! I love the flag made out of Inchies!! That's a great idea! Thansk for supporting CFH!

Lisa said...

Great cards!!

Wendy said...

This is such an exciting event!

Tami Bayer said...

I love the feel of the flag on kraft cardstock. Gorgeous. Glad you are playing in the hop.

Whispers and Wishes said...

Great cards... thanks for sharing. I can't wait to have time to come back and spend a little time on your blog.

Unknown said...

Nice card! Love how you did the flag - very creative!

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful cards!!

Kay said...

Fabulous, fabulous cards! So glad I found your blog - so glad we are CFH blog buddies! I'll be back...

Anonymous said...

Great cards Jan

Becca said...

Love the little flag card you made. tfs!

Jana said...

Very nice!

Daintry said...

The bird is cute, but I have to say that I love the flag, I like how you broke it into windows! :) Thanks for sharing.

Janice said...

The flag on your card is fabulous! I may need to "borrow" it. thanks

mica said...

Your cards are soooo pretty! I am enjoying this hop :)

Nancy said...

Love your cards...I'm a fan of yours from Hero Arts Group!
Thanks for supporting our heroes...
Proud Marine Mom

Anonymous said...

awesome cards! tfs!

Atticelf said...

Love your cards!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

great cards, thanks for sharing

ceashark at aol dot com

Chrisd said...

Wonderful cardmaking. CFH's is lucky to receive some of your beauties.

paula said...

Love your cards!! Thank you for supporting this important project!

myownplace said...

Great cause! Thanks for letting us know about this!

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

Great cards! Thank you for participating!

cr8iveme said...

love all the cards you made.

And loving the blog hop.

M.E.

Renee said...

Great cards!!!!

Maggie said...

Very nice cards. Thank you for your support of our military.

Dana said...

love them all! Great job!

SuzAnn said...

That bird in uniform made me smile and I'm sure it will the troops. Thanks for supporting CFH.

Teresa said...

Terrific cards!

I am so happy to be part of this blog hop!

decp8nter said...

All of the cards posted are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Love your cards! Thanks for supporting our troops!

Axes DesigNs said...

Beautiful cards... Thanks for being part of the blog hop.

PCM said...

Your cards are wonderful. Wow - have you been working on creating cards while the hop is going on too? Great job. TFS

Shirley said...

I love your cards, they are so cute! Thank you so much for supporting out troops.

BethW said...

Awesome cards-you have a real gift. Thank you for sharing your talent and for supporting the troops.

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Happy Memorial Day! Your cards are beautiful and thank you for your creativity and dedication to this great cause. This bloghop is great and so much fun! : ) Sb

nsmerkt said...

Great cards! Loving the combo of kraft and RWB. Happy Memorial Day!

Laurie said...

Love your blog - the cards you created, the way you made my curser turn into a flag, the posts. Just awesome and so creative. Thanks for sharing with CFH!

slightlyimperfect said...

I really enjoyed your cards. Thanks for sharing. Happy Memorial Day.

sideoats + scribbles said...

GREAT card! :)

mommyabbytommy said...

LOVE that flag card. It is so perfect.

Alyce said...

Love the cards and the flag cursor.

Ann said...

Great card! What a way to spend Memorial Day...hoppin'!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I loved your card the first time I saw it at the Hero Arts site!!! Just awesome!!!

Regina said...

lovely cards...love the birdy!

Kerri said...

You create such beautiful cards, truly an inspiration!!!

The Wired Angel said...

love your cards.. especially that little bird. Thanks for participating and helping to spread the word about CFH. Enjoy your holiday.

Kathy Thompson said...

Love all the cards. Thanks for participating.

Lyneen said...

Great card... thanks for sharing and supporting our armed forces....

Unknown said...

gorgeous cards TFS

...Darlene said...

Nice card, thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

You are a beautiful artist. I love the cards and the mouse pointer. :)

jaemom said...

Oooh, love the simplicity of this card, the flag in inchies is brilliant. Love it. TFS and participating.

Sharon said...

great cards your special

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Very fun cards. Thanks for supporting CFH in this blog hop.

Lucy Abrams said...

LOVE your gorgeous card - and the more recent ones you've done too. Stunning blog, and awesome contributions. Well done :)

Kelly Booth said...

Love this...was so bummed I could not do the Blog Hop....