Followers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Operation Write Home Spring Bloghop and CANDY




Welcome to my ArtFriendzy and Operation Write Home's blog hop. My card is made using a bird template from Paper Trey Ink. My card says "A Little Birdie Told Me".... (inside)"you're the best". Head on over to the beginning of the blog hop here. You won't want to miss any of the awesome Sring cards being sent to the soldiers.

I am the Mom of an Army soldier and I love making cards for Operation Write Home. These cards are given to military units overseas so soldiers have a selection of cards they can use to write home to their family and friends. Operation Write Home sends cards to hero contacts deployed abroad. They're a self-selected group; they've either signed up their unit to receive cards, or a loved one or supporter has done so on their behalf!

Typically a contact signs up on behalf of their unit, sharing the cards with those around them. Often the cards end up at a chapel, coffeehouse, or MWR (Morale, Wellness, and Rec center) where warriors gather for relaxation. Other times they're distributed in living quarters, or in any other circumstances they find themselves!

If you're interested in learning more about Operation Write Home, just click on the link.

Leave a comment and you'll be entered in a drawing for some blog candy. The little bird stamp shown here.

Here's the next link in the hop at Corina's blog...

65 comments:

txbluiz said...

OMGosh - how cute are these birds!!! thanks for the inspiration!!

Tami Bayer said...

These are the most adorable shaped cards! Thank you to your son for his service.

Karen McAlpine said...

Bird template is soo cute. I just so into birdies this spring.

...Darlene said...

Churpp, churpp, what cute birdies.
I just love the different ideas people come up with.

thank you for sharing and your son for serving!

darlene a

Operation Write Home said...

Awww I love your birdies!! Must - find - template - CUTE!

Thanks so much for raising up a HERO for America!!! Hugs!

Meg Bean said...

All of the cards on your blog are wonderful! I love them all!

Rhonda Miller said...

Your cards are so great. I love how you have put those birds together and used the flowers for the eye lashes. TFS.

SuzAnn said...

Those bird cards are the BEST and so springy! Thanks for supporting OWH and your son for his service.

Betty said...

The bird cards are totally adorable! WOW!

Paula S. said...

Great blog and the birdies are so unique. Love 'em!

Julie Craig said...

Just love the bird card!!! It is fabulous!
Julie
ejej523(at)yahoo(dot)com

Dawn said...

Thank you to your son. Your card is awesome I love it, it is so creative and the colors are perfect. fantastic work.

your blog is really great!

Jeanne said...

Those are awesome cards! Thanks for the offer of blog candy.

jeanne706 at yahoo dot com

AprilsL8 said...

such cute birds!!


AprilsL8@windstream.net

Anonymous said...

That bird is just too darn cute!! I'm going to have to put you in my "favorites"! joanej in calif

Fabre said...

Who would not smile when they saw those birdies??? Thank you so much for sharing, I'm going to try those out this weekend! Thanks for joining in the hop and for supporting your son!

lavendarrose29 said...

Very cute shape cards. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.

Erika said...

OMG! SO adorable! Love the cards! Love the sentiment! Love the half flowers being eyelashes! So cute and creative! And as a military wife I must say thank you for helping OWH keep families together in heart despite being apart because of duty.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Jan, Your birds are really cute! I had a peek at the rest of your page too!

Brittany said...

Thank you for providing that bird template! It is super cute and I always like finding new card designs! Great work! =)

JenMarie said...

LOVE your birdies!!
And what a great chickie stamp, no need to enter me in the drawing, I have that cutie already! :)

Anita said...

Cute cards!

TN Granny said...

Jan,
Very cute bird card and your dedication to OWH is wonderful.
Thank you for being a part of group.
God Bless,
Jeanine #14 in the blog hop.

Missy said...

Jan,
The birds are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Those birds are ADORABLE!! Please thank your son for his service. Mine is currently in Afghanistan.

Renee said...

Those birds are just too stinkin' cute! Thanks to your son for his service!

Dixie Cochran said...

Amazing! Simply amazing! Those birds are wonderful! Thank you for sharing! Thanks too to your son for his service!

hiscreation2 said...

WOW! That is the coolest card! How fun! Send thanks to your son in big bunches!
hiscreation2@hotmail.com

Marci said...

Cute birdies!

Kas said...

OH MY word those birds are cute. I also love your leperachaun cursur!!

~Jeri~ said...

Soooooo adorable!!!!

Many thanks and prayers to your loved one for serving and sacrificing for our country!!!

As a military spouse and someone new to OWH, I thank you for taking part in this awesome blog hop and in OWH!

Lori said...

Fabulous car. I love the orginality that you showed!

Julie said...

I love the way you gave those birdies fancy little eyelashes! So adorable!

shelly said...

your cards are so sweet!! they will love them!

Unknown said...

Love the birdies and I appreciate you sharing your blog with us.
God keep your son and all other serving troops safe.
Kindest wishes from England

Janice said...

Those birds are way too fun, thanks for the link to get them. May your son stay safe.

Lora3677 said...

Those birds are so cute!!!!!!!! LOVE them.

Cyn said...

OMG these are adorable cards! Thanks for sharing!

Merry's Musings said...

ditto ditto ditto! the little birdies are just the cutest. Your son is awesome, please tell him hello and thank him for the work he does. Your blog is well named and...just adorable!

Gloria Westerman said...

How adorable this little guys are.....I will have to try these myself.....Thank you for your sons service to our country.....and thank you for sharing these adorable creations.....
gw0109@gmail.com

Cathy... said...

LOVE your bird cards! How fun are those?? I've really enjoyed your blog. Please thank your son for his service and thanks for yours as a military mom!

grandmalee said...

What beautiful projects!!! I love the rest of your stuff on your blog too! You are very blessed with talent!
Thank your son for his service! My daughter will be leaving again soon. This time to Afghanistan, so I understand your compassion for this organization also. I'm also one of the bloggers, & do whatever I can to get people involved with OWH! Thanks!!!

Lauretta See said...

so cute :) love these,, they are so tweet :)

HUGS x

Melissa Rossi said...

The birds are ADORABLE!!! I love them :)

Kajikit said...

Those birdies are too cute for words! I love the way you used a half a flower for eyelashes...

laurlynn said...

Love the eyelashes!! Thanks for sharing.

Louise Fox said...

Jan, These are such clever cards. Anyone who would receive one of your cards would love it - adult or child. Blessings to your son for his service. Thanks, Louise

Rufus said...

Please thank your solider for their service to our country. You didn't say if it was a son or a daughter! What they do is truly appreciated! Your card is going to brighten somebodies day. Thanks for your support of OWH and our Heroes!, including your very own Hero
R/

buglvr2010 said...

This is too cute...thanks for sharing!

jengd said...

Great birds! Love those eyelashes- how creative!! Also love that "I Love Trees" card in the next post! :) Best to you and your son!

Lydia said...

I love how you used flowers for the eyelashes. I never would have thought of that. So cute

andyjay said...

How cute is that?! Love it! Blessings to you and your son!

Martha said...

Those birdie cards are killer cute! They will be so fun for people to receive. Thank you so much for sharing them with us, and making them for our troops.

Unknown said...

Those are great cards! I love that they are shaped and using flowers for eyelid/lashes.

debb said...

How cute your bird cards are! Thank you to your son and family!

Anonymous said...

Oooooohhhh...your creations are FABULOUS!!!! I could not help but SMILE when I saw those darling birdies:o) So very precious and sure to create many smiles!!! Please thank your son for his service and dedication to preserving the liberties we all enjoy!! Being the mother of a soldier myself...I know how very proud you are of him! A huge Thanks to you too for all the support you give our nation's heroes with your heartfelt creations!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Mrs. Jones from the Circus said...

Too cute!

Lyneen said...

Your card is TOOOO DARN CUTE! I love it. It shouts SPRING! Thanks for sharing your sons story and supporting OWH.

Purple Princess said...

Oh my gosh how adorable! Those birds are so darn cute!!!

JPScraps said...

Adorable birdie cards!

Cut n Paste said...

Oh so cute so cute so cute!!!!! I love how you did the eyes!!! Thanks to your son for his service for our country!!!

Susan said...

Please thank your son from the Guzy family in southern NJ for serving our nation! (pronounced Guzzy) We are firm supporters :) I am surrounded by veterans both living and passed on. I am proud that I am married to a vet, and that my Dad served in WWII. (there's A Story there, LOL)

anyway your cards are AWESOMESAUCE!!! love the birds! I am now a follower of your blog.
thanks for all you do, I'll be joining up, this is such an amazing organization.
Susan

Kimme said...

Those birds are wonderfully cute.

Collette said...

Very cute cards - will have to look that template up. Thank you so much for being a part of the OWH & their blog hop!

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute Jan!!! these Birds are so FUN!