Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

My flower garden is growing...

I'll just be right up front..I do not have a green thumb at all. Maybe that is why I am so excited about these hexi flowers. LOL My garden is growing and my fingertips are getting sore from all the stitching. I plan to find myself another leather thimble but hopefully a smaller one that I can work easier with. Isn't this a great way to use scraps? You may notice a "circle" in the middle of the hexis. This is a hole I punched out of the paper before stitching. It makes it easier to slip something under the paper and remove it when I'm ready to put the backing on the quilt.
I cleaned up around my craft table and found an article and template on making shrink plastic buttons that I wanted to try. I only had clear shrink plastic on hand so that is what I used and made a few owl buttons. Not sure what I will use them on but they will be fun to add as a card embellishment.

3 comments:

Patty C. said...

Beautiful Garden ;)

Cole Meyer said...

Lovely flowers! I don't sew much, but I can image that a leather thimble would be the way to go -- didn't know they made such a thing, but it is surely easier to work with than a hard metal one. Your owls are wonderful, too.

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE those Flowers...your fingers must be really sore.....Love the Buttons too!!