ArtFriendzy and Operation Write Home's Veterans Day blog hop featuring Valentine cards. My card card is made using a Stampin Up stamp and punched out 1" circles from patterned papper. A great way to use up scraps. Hop on over to the beginning of the blog hop. You won't want to miss any of the awesome Valentine cards being sent to the soldiers.I am the Mom of an Army soldier and I love making cards for Operation Write Home. These cards are given to military units overseas so soldiers have a selection of cards they can use to write home to their family and friends. Operation Write Home sends cards to hero contacts deployed abroad. I have been focusing on sending "Any Hero" cards the past few months. These cards are given to soldiers that need uplifting. Just a short note inside about how much I appreciate their service. You will find details on the Any Hero letters on the OWH blog. Please vote daily at Joanns for OWH to win $50,000 toward their cause.
If you'd like to make cards to send to soldiers, click on the link above to OWH for all the details. The deadline to send in Christmas cards has passed but you still have plenty of time TO MAKE VALENTINE CARDS BEFORE THE JANUARY 7TH DEADLINE.
Leave a comment and you'll be entered in a drawing for some blog candy and add yourself as a follower for an additional entry. Winner will be chosen Wednesday, November 17th.

Here's the next link in the hop, Jennifer at I'm Crafty,


73 comments:
Love your card with the embossed background! Lovely design Jan!
LOVE what you did with this card! Brilliant idea! Looks very vintage!
Love the card...so cute! And I added myself as a follower.
Very pretty! I love how you embossed after you added the circles!
Awesome card...thanks for the inspiration!
Great card! I love the way you dry embossed over your adhered circles - I'm totally going to try that!
I like the use of patterned paper circles and then embossing. I am going to give it a try!
I just love your card. TFS.
Great idea to create such an elegant look with scraps. Thanks for the inspiration!
How cute! I just love what you did with that card! What a great idea to emboss over all those circles *and* the background. Thanks for the inspiration!! I may have to try that sometime. :)
Loooove the homespun/vintage look to this! The texture is fab!
Beautiful work. I love what you've done with your scraps. Not scraps at all, but intricate work on a piece of art. Thanks for sharing!
Love the embossing!
Jan - very pretty card!
Great idea on the card. You can do that for any occasion.
I like the texture and richness of your card. Thanks for sharing.
Patty
sportsfan80 at aol dot com
Beautiful beautiful card. I love the textured white on white background!
Beautiful card! Love the embossing.
spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com
"Hooah!" from another Army mom. Blessings on you, I know the challenges well. Your card is gorgeous! I am going to copy that one! I agree with an earlier poster about embossing after you added the circles. Gorgeous.
Beautiful card!
Beautiful...love the embossing!
I have seen so many gorgeous cards on this hop! and yours is one of them !
I love your card. What a great way to use circles.
annjerryk at aol dot com
Love the card. I'm really enjoying the blog-hop. Thank you.
So beautiful!! I love the texture and the layout. So nicely done!
What a gorgeous card, love the cirles of patterned paper and embossing! Hugs, Karen
What a great use of your scraps! Love it!
From one Army mom to another, beautiful card.
What a beautiful card! TSF
I LOVE this card, quite unique, beautiful. Thanks for sharing it!
I love the simplicity of this card! Such a good idea! TFS
That is such a great card! I became a follower too!
Really pretty, love the design!
oh I'm a follower too :)
great card and thanks for the AnyHero cards
Your pretty card is clean & simple, yet it has so much texture! Love the embossed circles. Must try this!!
I love the circles!
WOW, what a cute card! Just love everything about it. I am getting so many great ideas today while hopping. Thank you for your hard work for OWH!
I'm a follower, thanks!
Very nice card. OWH rocks!
I love this!!!! Great way to use scraps!
Very pretty card and I like the you embossed the circles into the background...I'm going to need to copy this!
Very creative to add the patterned paper before embossing! Nice card!!
Very creative to add the patterned paper before embossing! Nice card!!
New follower here! I love the way you used the punched circles and the embossing.
bjohn3237 at aol dot com
Thank you for supporting OWH with this blog hop!!!
BobbisTreasure@aol.com
Love this card. Reminds me of a quilt my grandma had made using dress scraps that I always loved. I've added you to my RSS reader and would love to win some candy!
Thank you, Army Mom!! Love the circles! Great idea for using scraps. Thanks for hopping with us!
So simple yet so lovely. TFS.
Such beauty in simplicity, Jan!
Thanks for raising up a hero for our nation!
I also love owls. Thanks for sharing your great card!
Please thank you son for his service! Like the card that you've created.
R/
Hi Jan, I love your card, it's very striking with the white embossed background! Your blog candy sounds great too ;)
Love that card. The embossing is so pretty.
Well now I have just got to get a 1inch circle punch! that is a great idea! Very lovely card!
Oh, and I added myself as a follower! :)))
I absolutely love your card! Planning on CASEing it soon. Thanks for being a part of the bloghop!
Hello mom of a soldier!!! Love your card!! I scrolled down and seen your wonderful celestial tag swap!! Love it!!
Wow - this bloghop is so inspiring!
I love the circle detail in your card- thanks for sharing!
I love your circles and the embossing. Thanks for sharing!
Love the cards. Thanks to you for making cards for our troops and a big THANKS to your son for serving.
God Bless.
CJ
Love your creativity! Thanks so much for sharing with us and it's so nice to meet a crafter who is as passionate as I am about OWH (my husband is a decorated Vietnam veteran) and papercrafting. So nice to meet you! And please feel free to drop by my blog at http://lillianchild.blogspot.com/ sometime and say hi!
How clever and what a special card. They will LOVE it! TFS
http://bluepoohbear753.blogspot.com/
What a fun and creative card, Jan--I love it!
I love the embossing on the background and the simple yet elegant embellishments you added. It all looks very nice together!
Blessings!
~§hawnie® Bartron
http://cardsbyshawnie.blogspot.com/
GORGEOUS!!!!!
love the circles attached pre-embossed ... wonderful texture.
Beautiful card design!
I love how you pasted first and embossed over everything! Thanks for giving me something new to try!
Love how you embossed the background on white! So sweet - had to become a follower of your blog!
Thanks for sharing this sweet and simple card....must try it myself.
I'm getting so inspired on this blog hop!
I LOVE ideas of how to use up scraps, I can't ever seem to be able to throw them away. Thanks for sharing!!!
A very beautiful card. Thank you for sharing and the chance to wing blog candy.
Post a Comment