Followers

Friday, December 4, 2009

We're getting ready for vacation and I've been finishing up some projects. This is my first attempt at making a "rag" quilt and I loved making it. So easy!!! I used fabrics I had on hand except buying the flannel backing and batting. Here is a picture of the before washing and after washing. I have heard the more it's washed the softer the cut edges around the squares become. My husband loves it and it's big enough for him to wrap up in. I am definitely going to make another one of these quilts once I have time to figure out how much fabric it actually takes if I don't use scraps.

7 comments:

Trish said...

Wow great Rag quilt is it cotton or flannel? Great job! I bet Jeff will love it!

roc said...

wow..that is wonderful! it looks so comfy. you do such beautiful work! have fun on your trip!

Kelly Booth said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Looks like Jeff is enjoying it already...have a FUN trip!!

Michelle Townsley said...

The quilt is incredible. I REALLY wish I could learn this from you! Just too busy. Your family and friends are truly blessed to get these beautiful quilts from you.
-Michelle

Jerri Sue said...

I love your rag quilt it is gorgeous! Good luck getting it away from Jeff, he looks so warm and comfortable under it.

Anna from Reno said...

I have to add that you sure do wonderful work, and that quilt looks amazing!
You should put the word out that people could send you scraps of fabrics they won't use anyway, and you can make another quilt for "free"!

I have LOTS of fabric I can send you, that's for sure.
Anna

mickeydee said...

He looks so warm and toasty! I have made a few for my grandkids, but, need to make a nice large one for us!