Followers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

So long 2013....

We had a wonderful Christmas with lots of chaos.  Our dryer went out....you know how when something happens you wonder what is going to happen next?  A few days later a driver had some sort of medical episode and went into our neighbor's lawn and our brick planter between the neighbor's house and ours stopped the vehicle.  Without that planter the driver and car would have been in one of our bedrooms.  The driver is fine and has great insurance so no worries.  Things will get fixed.  Things come in threes, right?  I had spent a couple hours before lunch last Friday moving things around in my stamp room and needed a break so headed to the kitchen for some lunch and watching a few minutes of TV with my daughter.  I got up to walk down the hall and head to finish up my cleaning project and walked into 2-3" of water in the entryway.  OMgosh!  I continued down the hall and water was pouring out from under the bathroom sink.  I turned off the valve under the sink and called for the girls to get all the towels they could find.  We had a flooded entryway, hallway and 3 bedrooms including my craft room.  I didn't realize so much water could pour out that quickly! Thank goodness we have AAA homeowners insurance.  We have fans and dehumidifiers going non-stop in the house and they are noisy!  Movers have come and moved things out of the areas where damage occurred and one laminate floor has been removed.  Our house was built in the 50s so it was tested today for lead and asbestos before more work can happen.  I sure hope they don't have to move things out of my craft room but we won't know until the wall has been removed and we know the extent of that damage. The contractor told us to plan for a couple months for everything to be back in order.  What a mess was.  It all happened in 2013 so I know 2014 will be better!

I have not been doing much crafting but did get some sewing done yesterday for a swap.  It felt good to sit down and sew.  It is so relaxing for me.


No comments: