Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's April showers!

Welcome to my blog for the April Showers Blog Hop.

Thank you to Madame Samm at Sew We Quilt and our cheerleader Erin at Sew at Home Mummy! If you don't already follow these two wonderful talented ladies, I recommend that you follow them as I know they will inspire you!
The theme for the April Showers Mug Rug hop is anything that inspires you for the month of April.  We all know here in the U.S. that April showers bring May flowers so that is what I stitched for my mug rug using this tutorial , added some applique then free motion quilted it.

Hop on through the blogs and see the great mug rugs created.

Cathi @ Quilt Obsession
Jane @ Jane's Fabrics and Quilts
Heidi @ Nutz4Redwork
Cherry @ Cherry'sPrairiePrimatives
Christine @ Quilt Monster in my Closet
Vickie @ More Stars in Comanche
Pauline @ Stekje
Jan @ Jan's Art Friendzy(you are here)
Nissa @ Nissa Made Stuff
Robin @ As Sweet As Peaches
Lyndsey @ Sew Many Yarns
Eleni - Guest Poster at Sew at Home Mummy

70 comments:

Tammy said...

Super cute mug rug. Love your fabric choices also.

Judy B said...

Love your girl enjoying the rain! Beautiful quilting. Thank you for sharing.

Vickie said...

Cute mug rug, thanks for the tutorial !

Cathi said...

Adorable mug rug!

Sunshine Girl said...

Its lovely - I like the cobblestone quilting. Thanks for sharing.

Lavonna ZWB said...

Very creative. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

AnitaS said...

Your mug rug is very cute.

Nati said...

What a sweet girl on your mug rug, thanks for sharing!

newsurfiegirl said...

What a cute mug rug. Love your quilting! Thanks for sharing.

Pauline said...

You made a cute mug rug, thanks for the tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

eleni_s said...

ok im getting some inspiration vibes again!!! which means i looove the design in your mug rug and wish i had one myself (which will probably be my weekend project!) great work, thanks for sharing the link to your inspiration!! have a great day!! x

charlotte said...

How cute is that. Thanks for sharing such a cute mug rug today.

Britt-Inger said...

Your mug rug is sew awesome. Thanks for sharing

thepiececorps said...

Adorable! Adorable! B-)

Jeanie said...

Darling! Your little girl is tall enough to reach the sky! Thanks for sharing today!

Thearica said...

Very clever idea for a mug rug!

JoyceLM said...

Cute - thanks for sharing.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very cute!! Everyone has such unique ideas

Sparky said...

yep I adore her. modern, bright and very spring

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

So cute! Great job.

Martina said...

Oh so sweet. Love your mug rug!

Catherine said...

That is the sweetest mug rug! I love whimsey! She`s delightful!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Great creativity on your rug!

Dee said...

Very creative - adorable.

krislovesfabric said...

Pretty design!

Linda C said...

Cute! The quilting is amazing!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Very cute design!!

Gwen said...

What a unique and modern-looking mug rug! You did a beautiful job on your quilting!

Needled Mom said...

Very cute. It definitely says "Spring" with the weather elements.

Gina Loomis said...

Jan, she is so fun! I love the quilting too! Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial! Thanks for participating and inspiring us today! I'm a new follower!

https/me.yahoo.com/thomasvbrody said...

Jan-What a cute little mug rug. I love the lightening bolt. Here in the Bay Area we seldom get storms that generate that kind of excitement, which I love. Thanks for sharing.

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

Such a fun little girls block :) I made one of these a couple of months ago and it was a challenge. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great job. I love this rug.

Gill said...

I like your mug rug! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

Frederika said...

Love the way you made your mug rug
Thanks for sharing
Frederika

Joyce Carter said...

Very cute mug rug, Jan. I like the stitching.Great job. Thank you for sharing.

apple blossom said...

nice job

Gmama Jane said...

Glad you joined in the Hop with us with your cute little mug rug.
Gmama Jane

Patty said...

thanks for sharing.

Lou said...

What a sweet mug rug!

Snoodles said...

Great job!

Julie said...

wonderful quilting on your mug rug!

Unknown said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

How adorable! You did a great job!

Mrs.Pickles said...

Lovely work thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Love you sweet little mug rug! It is cute as a button!

Newbie Jen said...

Jan, adorable work, as always!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So cute and I love how you quilted it!

JustPam said...

Love your cute little work of art!

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

BizyStitches said...

Very cute. This is the second one I've seen with lighting. I would not of thought of that, but I like it. Thanks for sharing.

Sowing Stitches said...

So Fun! Love how it reminds me of a child's drawing!!! Children's art in my eyes is the very best art of all! Thanks for sharing!!!

Susan said...

Seriously cute mug rug! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

Janarama said...

Your mug rug is really cute.

Marcy said...

Just darling--she is adorable.

DeAnna said...

Very Pretty. Nice stitching. Thanks for sharing.

Cecilia said...

She is so cute! Thank you for sharing.

Simone said...

It's super cute. You did a great job with the quilting too. Love it! Thanks for sharing!

LJ said...

Your FMQ is wonderful! Love your girl with her dotty raincoat. "No playing in the rain when it's lightening." Thanks for sharing.

Karen O said...

How cute. The girl is wonderful.

Just Quilt It said...

So cute! I love your mug rug!

Janet said...

Fantastic mug rug! I love it.

Rhonda said...

What a darling mug rug. I love it. You did a great job!!

Kathy H said...

Very cute mug rug and wonderful quilting too.

tink's mom said...

Love your rainy day gal. The quilting is very impressive.

Carol Swift said...

How cute is that! I love the modern look to it and your stitching adds so much. Thanks for sharing!

Scrapbook-ChickADoodle said...

Super cute! Thanks for the link.

✄ Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy ✄ said...

Your quilting is beautiful - wanna give me a lesson? tee hee.
Thanks for sharing, and thank you for participatin in the hop with us - I hope you had fun!

Joanne said...

This is wonderful, especially the lightening bolt. Thanks for sharing your talent and creativity with us all.

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Lovely mugrug, so very cute!