Now I've finished up 2 quilts and I think I have another 4 or 5 to go so I can get caught up with putting all the quilt blocks I've made and/or swapped for into quilts. I used the quilt as you go method again but this time I made a wider sashing and it is machine stitched down. I found another video on You Tube and showed a different way of quilt as you go and tried it out. I like the look of the hand stitching method better but the blanket stitch I used on the sashing worked for my chicken quilt. I used some of the newer free motion stitches I've been learning from watching Leah Day's FMQ video on Craftsy. I can't believe how much watching her online video has improved bmy FMQuilting. I am not even half way through the video - so many stitches and so much information. I quilted a paisley stitch in the body of each chicken, a few organic lines and lots of stippling. You will see my cats were enjoying the quilt even before it was finished. I added a quilt label using a small block that was made by Lynn in the swap.
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
omg...i LOVE that chicken quilt!!! you are amazing jan!
Post a Comment